So much to do at the beginning of the school year. We’ve made it easy for you with this handy checklist!
- Check e-mail from HMS Principals with class assignments on or about August 18th
- Complete your verification email from our Directory Chair (week of August 18th) to join the PTO and gain access to the A to Z online directory and class lists. For your convenience, you may make your Kids are Key donation, sign up for Birthday Books and Junior Great Books all through the A to Z checkout!
- Donate to our Kids Are Key fundraiser
- Purchase a Birthday Book
- Purchase your Yearbook
- Order HMS Spiritwear
- Consider being a Room Parent for your child’s homeroom
- Register for Junior Great Books
- Sign-up for all the great volunteer opportunities
- Join us at the PTO Coffee (during 5th grade orientation) on August 21st
- Check the School Supplies Lists for 5th Grade and 6th Grade
- Join us at Newcomers’ Night on August 19th (for families new to D39)
- Celebrate going back to school at the Beach Potluck on August 26.
The annual 5th Grade Connections event is set for the afternoon of Friday, Sep. 5th! This mini field day event takes place in the Highcrest fields. Read more about the event or sign up to help.
Being a room parent is a great way to get involved in your child’s school, get to know his or her teacher and assist the teachers as needed, including planning class activities, parties and recruiting chaperones for field trips.
Come see your middle schooler and get to know the school by volunteering in the Cafeteria, Library Media Center and Outdoor Classroom, among other oppotunities.
Find links to sign your student up for Junior Great Books, donate to Kids are Key pick up a yearbook or purchase HMS spiritwear.
The Highcrest PTO holds a “welcome back to school” Coffee and Fair on Thursday, August 21st from 9:00 – 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 – 3:00 p.m. This event provides a gathering place for parents to connect (or reconnect) before the start of school while enjoying refreshments in the school cafeteria. Parents can also learn about PTO activities and events, join the PTO and shop for various PTO items and get involved in various ways in their child’s school, such as volunteering in the Cafeteria, Library Media Center, Outdoor Classroom, School Store and/or classroom as a Room Parent.
Highcrest’s 5th Grade Orientation provides our incoming 5th grade students an opportunity to meet their homeroom classmates and tour Highcrest before the first day of school. This year, 5th Grade Orientation is on August 21st. Students do not meet with their teachers during orientation but, rather, they familiarize themselves with other students in their house as well as the building they will call home for the next two years.
Please join your Highcrest family friends for the back to school beach potluck. Bring the whole family for an evening of fun, games and reconnecting. Tuesday August 26th from 5-7pm at the Gilson Beach Shelter. RSVP here.
Show your school pride as Highcrest Spiritwear goes on sale August 21st with lots of new styles and colors to choose from! Orders will be taken online only with a credit card at headsupapparel.com/collections/highcrest-2014. more >>