We have a new procedure for drop-off in the morning and pick up in the afternoon at HMS that will hopefully ease some of the safety concerns that have arisen in years past. The addition of a second exit for the south lot (upper parking lot by the HMS LMC) will allow for buses to arrive and exit SEPARATELY from the car line.
Please read these carefully so we can make arrival and departure work well for everyone.
So much to do at the beginning of the school year. We’ve made it easy for you with this handy checklist!
- Check e-mail from HMS with class assignments on or about August 17th
- After August 17, complete your verification email from our Directory Chair to join the PTO and gain access to the AtoZ online directory and class lists. Your membership fee helps to support the PTO’s purpose to serve the parents, students and staff. You can also make your Ignite donation, sign up for Birthday Books all through the AtoZ checkout!
- Donate to Ignite to sponsor your child’s enrichment!
- Purchase a Birthday Book to honor your child’s birthday.
- Purchase your Yearbook.
- Order HMS Spiritwear.
- Check out (and sign up for) all the great volunteer opportunities. There is something for everyone!
- Check the School Supplies Lists for 5th Grade and 6th Grade
- New this year contribute to the holiday/year end gift fund for your child’s teacher and building staff. You can do it when you sign up for AtoZ or right here. (link coming soon)
- Don’t forget to visit the Highcrest home page for your school-related back-to-school checklist
This year, the Highcrest PTO will continue to offer the online directory through AtoZ. Read on for help signing up, signing in and troubleshooting.
Being a room parent is a great way to get involved in your child’s school, get to know his or her teacher and assist the teachers as needed, including planning class activities, parties and recruiting chaperones for field trips.
The D39 Educational Foundation will be hosting our Fall Fashion Show “Attire to Inspire” on Thursday, September 17th, 11:30 am – 1:30 pm at the Michigan Shores Club. See parents & teachers from our community (Ray Lechner!!!) modeling the latest back-to-school and fall trends.