So much to do at the beginning of the school year. We’ve made it easy for you with this handy checklist!
- Check e-mail from HMS Principals with class assignments on or about August 18th
- Complete your verification email from our Directory Chair (week of August 18th) to join the PTO and gain access to the A to Z online directory and class lists. For your convenience, you may make your Kids are Key donation, sign up for Birthday Books and Junior Great Books all through the A to Z checkout!
- Donate to our Kids Are Key fundraiser
- Purchase a Birthday Book
- Purchase your Yearbook
- Order HMS Spiritwear
- Consider being a Room Parent for your child’s homeroom
- Register for Junior Great Books
- Sign-up for all the great volunteer opportunities
- Join us at the PTO Coffee (during 5th grade orientation) on August 21st
- Check the School Supplies Lists for 5th Grade and 6th Grade
- Join us at Newcomers’ Night on August 19th (for families new to D39)
- Celebrate going back to school at the Beach Potluck on August 26.
We are in need of parent volunteers to help supervise the Outdoor Classroom during recess. Please sign up for a shift (or shifts!) by visiting our SignUp Genius List. No gardening experience necessary!
Being a room parent is a great way to get involved in your child’s school, get to know his or her teacher and assist the teachers as needed, including planning class activities, parties and recruiting chaperones for field trips.
Come see your middle schooler and get to know the school by volunteering in the Cafeteria, Library Media Center and Outdoor Classroom, among other oppotunities.
Find links to sign your student up for Junior Great Books, donate to Kids are Key pick up a yearbook or purchase HMS spiritwear.
Show your school pride as Highcrest Spiritwear goes on sale August 21st with lots of new styles and colors to choose from! Orders will be taken online only with a credit card at headsupapparel.com/collections/highcrest-2014. more >>